Sponsored

Interested in a GT350 again

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Hello everyone! I was in the process of getting a 350R a while back, had it delivered, and there was a ton damage on arrival. Long story short, the explanation the dealer gave me was that the transporter apparently took it for a joy ride. Anywho, I ended up having a bad taste in my mouth for anything Ford related.

Fast forward to now, Iā€™m back and still interested in adding one to the stable. I did a quick inquiry at Galpin Ford and found out that the new ones are still going for over sticker. Is this true? My timeline for buying probably isnā€™t going to be till the end of the year and I 10000% absolutely refuse to pay over MSRP for a GT350. Anyone have any buying tips or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hello everyone! I was in the process of getting a 350R a while back, had it delivered, and there was a ton damage on arrival. Long story short, the explanation the dealer gave me was that the transporter apparently took it for a joy ride. Anywho, I ended up having a bad taste in my mouth for anything Ford related.

Fast forward to now, Iā€™m back and still interested in adding one to the stable. I did a quick inquiry at Galpin Ford and found out that the new ones are still going for over sticker. Is this true? My timeline for buying probably isnā€™t going to be till the end of the year and I 10000% absolutely refuse to pay over MSRP for a GT350. Anyone have any buying tips or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
If you buy a car from the midwestern states or any state within the rust belt those are going pretty cheap. I'm getting mine for a few hundred over invoice and that's with me ordering it from the factory. If you get one that's already in inventory you might be able to get it for even cheaper. Downside is that you'll have to figure out a way to get the car from there to wherever you are.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Look on Cars.com for "new" GT350 and a reasonable mileage from you. Lots of selection.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
They are still slapping ADMs at some places, but the only way you'll pay ADM is if you don't do research.

I got my 2019 R last year in September at 5K off MSRP. You'll be fine at the end of the year to buy without ADM.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I bought mine last August, the dealer would not go under MSRP but I outright refused to pay ADM, Bought the car....3 months later I ran across the exact color/options/msrp online in the southern states....no ADM and 5K under msrp....Im sure there are still new 19's out there...keep looking

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG

Thanks in advance!
In all fairness, Ford had nothing to do with the transporter who wrecked your car. It could have happened with your vette or any other car company that uses transport companies. (Ie. All of them)

The best way to avoid paying ADM and other fees at a dealership is to buy one used from a private seller. There are plenty of low mileage well-maintained GT350s out there. My 2018 had less than 1400 miles and still had the new car smell when I bought it last year. The original owner had all of the paperwork, including the Supplemental package and I paid $12K under MSRP, which did not include the ADM he paid. The car had zero modifications, a perfectly clean title and almost two years left on the factory warranty. When the warranty runs out, I will extend it to six years using Flood Ford or one of the other online friendly dealers who are not trying to rip you off on their extended warranty prices.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Galpin? Let me guess - LA ?

What happened? Stick shifts are becoming ā€˜coolerā€™ all of a sudden i hear :) and i know M4s traditionally don't come in stick anymore.

And boy howdy on the coasts you can expect ADM on Rs all day long, contrary to what others are saying.

You will be going the transporter and/or flying in route if you really cant stomach the mark up.

Good luck

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Your problem is California. I don't what's wrong with people in California paying so much ADM other than just ..... I won't say it. Call around and you will find GT 350s all day long for MSRP or less. The shine is off this long into the model run and with the 500 coming out to sucker people into ridiculous ADM, especially in California, 350s are going to be readily available. My dealer still has a 2019 350 and 350R they can't give away.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in SoCal. I got my car out of state for a great price while my local dealer had a lfg R at $30k over. dealers here mark them up because they know there are those few who will buy them at their asking price. most of us won't but there are a good number who will pay and so they do it.

I hate dealers who do that but on the other hand I see why they do it...

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
Bill Pierre Ford in WA, infamous from the Roush thread in the main S550 forum, has two new, no option 2018 GT350s for $50k and $52k. If all you want is a "GT350", there are deals out there. I've also seen maybe 20 new 2019s scattered around WA and OR.
Sponsored