Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They have already started Build. They are just on hold due to the winter being to cold for the tires used on them,. They should be getting delivered March-April time.
That's dumb, as there is no issue with driving on summer tires year round in most of CA.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
That's dumb, as there is no issue with driving on summer tires year round in most of CA.
Michelin recommends that their Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires not be driven or moved in temperatures below 20F. That makes it kind of hard to get the cars from Flat Rock (15F today) to California.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Michelin recommends that their Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires not be driven or moved in temperatures below 20F. That makes it kind of hard to get the cars from Flat Rock (15F today) to California.
That sucks, tell those idiots to turn up the thermostat. :D

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
In the 2018 Mustang eSourcebook they list the updated manual transmission as having a cooler

https://www.mustang6g.com/?p=11617 (page 14)

so with the updated radiator and transmission cooler the only thing you should need is a differential cooler...maybe. Maybe just change the diff fluid often???

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Pretty sure they are not driving the cars.

How many people would buy "new" cars with 1000 miles on them?

They have to do something to close the gap to the 1LE. Running semi race tires is easier, faster, and cheaper way to turn good lap times than doing the work making the car better.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
That sucks, tell those idiots to turn up the thermostat. :D
How do you expect them to move them out of the plant, loaded onto a train, shipped on a train, etc without the tires getting below the temp threshold?

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Pretty sure they are not driving the cars.

How many people would buy "new" cars with 1000 miles on them?

They have to do something to close the gap to the 1LE. Running semi race tires is easier, faster, and cheaper way to turn good lap times than doing the work making the car better.
They still get driven out of the plant, driven onto a train/hauler...

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... They have to do something to close the gap to the 1LE. Running semi race tires is easier, faster, and cheaper way to turn good lap times than doing the work making the car better.
A while back, I was having dinner with 1/2 dozen Camaro guys. One of them said to me "My new 1LE is a track car!"

I asked him "Do you track your car?"

He said "Nope."

:D

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
In the 2018 Mustang eSourcebook they list the updated manual transmission as having a cooler
This would be great news if it is real and a real cooler. Hoping it is a true transmission fluid heat exchanger, and not just some cooling fins or scoop. But anything is better than nothing.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
This would be great news if it is real and a real cooler. Hoping it is a true transmission fluid heat exchanger, and not just some cooling fins or scoop. But anything is better than nothing.
As stated on page 14 of the ebook.

Transmission oil cooler

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
As stated on page 14 of the ebook.

Transmission oil cooler
I didn't see it up in there when installing the xpipe. Maybe I will take a closer look tonight.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This should be updated, with actual details of what is in the package, then pre-release info.
Sponsored