Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Very sad to read this [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION]... It's a shame to spend so much on mods for this car and have it fail - especially on an occasion like the one you describe (while in vacation). At least I hope you get it fixed soon.

It seems that the quality of those car is not good. In my country people have already started selling them because they were really frustrated with all those quality issues. Sad ...really sad :mad:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Dutch newspaper article about the price differences for a GT around Europe. Can anyone spot the mistake?
trouw.jpg

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Today my clutch failed.

On vacation with the car.

Ford Assistance took 5hrs to send help! Car is still abandoned and will be collected tomorrow and taken to a Ford dealer.

Supposed to be travelling back to mainland EU on Wednesday.... no idea whats going to happen.

Roadside diagnosis is either clutch arm or release bearing failure. A big repair whatever the case.

Lets see how complicated / expensive this is going to get.

Totally gutted :( Had huge plans with the car this week, now totally in ruins.
Sorry to hear this. I hope you are back in the saddle soon and enjoying yourself.

I have read where a lot of people continue to run the stock clutch with 'no issues' even with power adders. After a run I can feel a little flutter from mine taking off slowly from a stop.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Car made it to a Ford dealer today. Their initial repair timeline was '2 weeks to 2 months'. ROFL!

Im returning to NL on weds without the car. Ford Assistance rented me this for the remainder of my vacation.... which is a fine car, quite happy. But id rather be in my own Mustang of course.

Its going to be an expensive solution getting the car back to me in NL, thats for sure.

Sponsored

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Car made it to a Ford dealer today.
Its going to be an expensive solution getting the car back to me in NL, thats for sure.
It's a shame for the poor quality. :ford:

My Ecoboost already has a new headgasket due to oilleaks (with only 18k kms). :frusty:
I don't have tuning or increased boost pressure.

Shipping from UK is about 350 euros with Uship.

Good luck......

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Dutch newspaper article about the price differences for a GT around Europe. Can anyone spot the mistake?
Of course! The price in Greece is completely wrong! :crazy:

The price indicated in the article is without any sales tax at all! Due to the fluid (shitty I would say) political and financial situation, car prices constantly change. To give you an example, when I ordered my car (an automatic, with rear parking sensors and an improved alarm), the price quoted was 47.500 euro. I ended up paying 52.500 euro for the car because a month before it was delivered they uncreased the taxes for all cars in Greece!

Although even right now I do not know what the exact prices for a Mustang are, I estimate that the starting price for the EcoBoost is at least 48.000 euro and for the GT 62.000 euro. These prices I believe are close to reality.

So it seems that the journalist who wrote this article hasn't done his research correctly. Someone has to correct the article. And I sure there are other mistakes as well...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Price for Italy is correct, of course this is only for buying without considering the 'luxury' tax applied every year together with the road tax..

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Oh yeah, of course, we also have the same "luxury tax" + road tax, both very high and both applied every year...

By the way, it seems that I am going to buy my 2021 GT in Germany or France or Poland. I would say in the UK as well, but we don't know what the situation with the Brexit will be...

[MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] can you post this to the Mustang Europe group in Facebook as well? Maybe our "friend from Poland" can help us figure out how to buy our next car in his country. I will definitely discuss this alternative with him.

Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Today my clutch failed.

On vacation with the car.

Ford Assistance took 5hrs to send help! Car is still abandoned and will be collected tomorrow and taken to a Ford dealer.

Supposed to be travelling back to mainland EU on Wednesday.... no idea whats going to happen.

Roadside diagnosis is either clutch arm or release bearing failure. A big repair whatever the case.

Lets see how complicated / expensive this is going to get.

Totally gutted :( Had huge plans with the car this week, now totally in ruins.
Nooooo :tsk::tsk: 2 months... so basically they don't know what parts they'll need and count having to wait on that. In that case, might be interesting to turn aftermarket. Dunno if the dealer will be to happy with installing non-Ford parts but ok. Plenty of good clutches out there. And the other stuff (pilot bearing, ...) isn't to expensive.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Car made it to a Ford dealer today. Their initial repair timeline was '2 weeks to 2 months'. ROFL!

Im returning to NL on weds without the car. Ford Assistance rented me this for the remainder of my vacation.... which is a fine car, quite happy. But id rather be in my own Mustang of course.
As I told you in another thread, a friend of mine who drives a 2016 manual, had a problem with a transmission bearing. I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but the car stayed at the dealership for over two months because the part was in backorder. This guy was so frustrated with this situation, that he decided to sell his car.

By the way, if anyone is interested, he is selling it for 37.000 euros (purchased in May 2016, almost 20.000 km on the odo).

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Nooooo :tsk::tsk: 2 months... so basically they don't know what parts they'll need and count having to wait on that. In that case, might be interesting to turn aftermarket. Dunno if the dealer will be to happy with installing non-Ford parts but ok. Plenty of good clutches out there. And the other stuff (pilot bearing, ...) isn't to expensive.
Hey PJ. I had an appointment with Mike at Modurstang tomorrow to fit the KWs and all sorts of other stuff... I Called him and he said he had an 800bhp clutch in stock (cant remember the make)... so if it all goes to shit at the Ford dealer, getting it transported down to Mike and having an uprated clutch fitted might be an option.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Hey PJ. I had an appointment with Mike at Modurstang tomorrow to fit the KWs and all sorts of other stuff... I Called him and he said he had an 800bhp clutch in stock (cant remember the make)... so if it all goes to shit at the Ford dealer, getting it transported down to Mike and having an uprated clutch fitted might be an option.
Probably McLeod. I'd do it if Ford can't!