2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
It seems like the current VCharge design is only made for smaller-displacement engines. I wonder if their are design complications once they try to make them big enough to accommodate something as large as a V8? Or if they have even tried..?
Looks like it would kinda go against their marketing point of efficiency..
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It would be nice to see something like that hot V set up. It looks very cool.
Is it true ford does some collaboration with jaguar? Maybe some investigating on them would bring to light some info? Hmm

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget... SC applications make heat and are less dependent upon heat for optimal efficiency. Turbos make heat but also like heat so that they can operate more efficiently.

Here is an article with a "hot-V" setup. Seems doable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...engine-layout-and-what-benefits-does-it-have/
Hot V would've required a new dash/engine tunnel. It would also mean all new heads and would require a dual airbox & throttle body inlet design. Too much change to commonize with the rest of S550 assembly.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Hot V would've required a new dash/engine tunnel. It would also mean all new heads and would require a dual airbox & throttle body inlet design. Too much change to commonize with the rest of S550 assembly.
That would be a lot of R&D for a platform that only has a few years left.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
As much as we want it to be something else, its gonna be what it is, another supercharged car. As long as the engine its built like a brick shit house and the bumper doesnt sag, ill be content with it, im sure. May not be a keeper but should be fun.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
As much as we want it to be something else, its gonna be what it is, another supercharged car. As long as the engine its built like a brick shit house and the bumper doesnt sag, ill be content with it, im sure. May sell it in a year or two tho.
That appears to be inevitable but the idea of a centrifugal of this new C charge SC would be pretty awesome

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That appears to be inevitable but the idea of a centrifugal of this new C charge SC would be pretty awesome
Something that use the side air ducts would get the glands salivating.
A twin centrifugal would be very interesting!
544061_517457624943879_1526675318_n-1.jpg

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Is it wrong if I am hoping it's called something other than a GT500? Can we just have Cobra, Boss, or Mach 1 back and take a break from the Shelby nameplate? Granted I know that the GT500 is typically the high HP car but it would be nice to just take a break from it and give it a little hiatus to make it special again. There has been a Shelby now for over a Decade, time for a new king imo.

Agreed 100%. I am ready for the Shelby nameplate to ride off into the sunset. I would love to see Cobra come back as the top dog.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Yeah. Looks like we'll have to wait for the S650 for the latest in engine and lightweight materials technology.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
As much as we want it to be something else, its gonna be what it is, another supercharged car. As long as the engine its built like a brick shit house and the bumper doesnt sag, ill be content with it, im sure. May not be a keeper but should be fun.
It definitely will be Jim.
Look at the 2013/2014 GT500 cars. Power and torque. OH,............and good looks. What happens when you mod them?! Monster power and torque. With killer looks. :thumbsup:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hoping for some interesting and appealing colors.

I'd like to see some vintage colors this go round. Metalic Gold, brown, dark green, a lighter shade of metalic blue... lighter than lightning blue but not grabber either, like dodges B5.
Maybe an olive color.
A basic orange color...not this current offering. The race red and ruby red are fine colors for the reds. Less drab offerings.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Just bring back school bus yellow and got to have it green for a few years

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
If we're talking colors, I'd like to see a purple of some sort (violet if we're being proper). I can't help but do a double take every time I see a Challenger in Plum Crazy..

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If we're talking colors, I'd like to see a purple of some sort (violet if we're being proper). I can't help but do a double take every time I see a Challenger in Plum Crazy..
I agree about the loud 'made you look' colors. I like to see them on cars but they arent colors i would buy again, personally. Ive had a car like that before and didnt like taking it out daily like i do a more subtle color. Id get a color like that if it was a once a month drive ;)
Sponsored