Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
How the heck would that deformation even happen?
improper manufacture? I have no idea... it's just a worm clamp, so I don't know how it would have applied too much pressure or something. Weird. Oh well, perfect opportunity to try out a different intake!

back to stock for now... I did not realize how much the intake does for the sound... it's MUCH quieter with the stock air box.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Standard PP wheels with Ford Performance springs and spacers installed

Held on with 3M doubled sided tape supplied by the seller of these Roush knock off side scoops. He also threw in a brand new microfiber towel and adhesive promoter to help with the install. They are rock solid and for $63 could not be beat. I had a local shop prep and paint them to match.
Who sell the knock-offs?? Is the complete flush fit good...any gaps as in the Roush pieces op's say they have?? Info pls, thanx :cheers:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
How the heck would that deformation even happen?
A worm clamp on those plastic tubes if too tight will do that.

Tighten is as tight as it will physically go. Try again in a few mins and you'll get another turn. Do that a few more times and you end up with that. Especially if you tighten them while the engine / tube is hot. It'll normally do it right below the worm gear.
I can see the ops silicone coupler doing the same thing which tells me the clamps we're way too tight

The worm gear will always try to stay round but that plastic isn't as sturdy and eventually will collapse in an area as the plastic tries to stay round inside of the gear clamp.

Last edited:

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Removed the GT350r look spoiler in prep for the Track Pack spoiler, I do have to say I like the clean look.
20170705_152816.jpg
20170705_152804.jpg

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Dropped my ARH longtube catted headers off to get heated coated in black at a shop NW of Austin. $300 for the pair and also the connecting pipes.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
A worm clamp on those plastic tubes if too tight will do that.

Tighten is as tight as it will physically go. Try again in a few mins and you'll get another turn. Do that a few more times and you end up with that. Especially if you tighten them while the engine / tube is hot. It'll normally do it right below the worm gear.
I can see the ops silicone coupler doing the same thing which tells me the clamps we're way too tight

The worm gear will always try to stay round but that plastic isn't as sturdy and eventually will collapse in an area as the plastic tries to stay round inside of the gear clamp.
I was thinking that might have been it, but when I had them looser, the intake popped completely off of the throttle body. Sometimes you just can't win.

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Neighbors complained about my exhaust so I decided to sell it and go back to stock. It's the SLP LM2 axlebacks which are one of the quietest if not the quietest axleback out there. Very sad day for me, I feel depressed, enough so that I'm rethinking about getting wheels and suspension later on. Why modify it any further when I can't even put a damn exhaust on it :shrug:. I know, first world problems. I just really love that exhaust and it's not going to be the same driving it now :(