Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
:lol::lol::lol:

"trash coming out of the Virginia foothills"............I'm from Detroit son.

Yes, the electoral system decided the current administration. Just like it's decided all of them, not the popularity by US citizens.

Here's the scale of the ass-whooping by county;
countymaprb1024.png
To demonstrate why your "whooping by county" is completely irrelevant. Many of those counties in the Midwest have the equivalent populations of neighborhoods here in Houston. Your data must be relative to be relevant.

In 2015 63% of the US population lived on only 3.5% of US land area.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.html

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
To demonstrate why your "whooping by county" is completely irrelevant. Many of those counties in the Midwest have the equivalent populations of neighborhoods here in Houston. Your data must be relative to be relevant.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.html
Once you understand why the electoral college was setup in the first place, you'll understand the significance of the map that were posted.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
:lol::lol::lol:

"trash coming out of the Virginia foothills"............I'm from Detroit son.

Yes, the electoral system decided the current administration. Just like it's decided all of them, not the popularity by US citizens.
Great posts!

Now about that 2018 Mustang.. how much power will it make?

I think that the down sides of DI mean that if there isn't a significant bump in power I would stay away from any vehicle with DI. At least until the automakers come up with a better solution for maintenance and longevity.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... Boring auto turbo? The auto transmission keeps the turbo boosted.
I understand that, and that the turbo itself isn't boring. But the AT certainly is, and what's happening is that the automatic is being used as a crutch to minimize turbocharging's soft off-boost performance. IOW, you're using the boring transmission to band-aid deficiencies in the performance provided by the other.

I personally like manual boosted cars though. What do you not like about turbo cars?
For me, its that crappy off-boost throttle response and having to guess when and how strongly it's going to spool up (and how that's going to affect the car's understeer/oversteer balance).

In my sig, "her" car is a turbo-4 with MT because the MT is still a better fit for us than anything paired with an automatic even in a "family sedan", and we still do insist that our cars have enough power on tap to keep from having to use WOT all the time.

Norm

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You're comparing urban areas to rural and empty areas of the US?? You can't be that ignorant of population density trends.
Please don't use the word "ignorant" until you educate yourself on the electoral college. There's a reason it exists, and it did it's job perfectly.

Remember, you don't know what you don't know. There's a whole world of knowledge out there beyond H.S. and college, and your mom's basement. A lot more you need to study and understand.

You've been indoctrinated so far in your life. If you can take that as a starting point, the rest of your life will be a lot easier.

Yes. Exactly. Hopefully this will start the wheels turning in your head.

Last edited:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Please don't use the word "ignorant" until you educate yourself on the electoral college. There's a reason it exists, and it did it's job perfectly.

Remember, you don't know what you don't know. There's a whole world of knowledge out there beyond H.S. and college, and your mom's basement. A lot more you need to study and understand.

You've been indoctrinated so far in your life. If you can take that as a starting point, the rest of your life will be a lot easier.
:crazy::lol:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Great posts!

Now about that 2018 Mustang.. how much power will it make?

I think that the down sides of DI mean that if there isn't a significant bump in power I would stay away from any vehicle with DI. At least until the automakers come up with a better solution for maintenance and longevity.
There's no down-side I'm aware of.

No additional maintenance, no longevity issues. I'd buy a DI 2018 GT with no concerns.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
PFI + DI should get rid of any of the usual concerns one would have for DI.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
With the magneto shocks, new tires, more powerful engine, better suspension, the questions are price, weight, looks and value.

I would think it would be very easy to get a 2015-2017 car to be just as good performance wise (tires, suspension mods, engine mods) as a 2018.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
With the magneto shocks, new tires, more powerful engine, better suspension, the questions are price, weight, looks and value.

I would think it would be very easy to get a 2015-2017 car to be just as good performance wise (tires, suspension mods, engine mods) as a 2018.
I think you will see that the performance pack will no longer be regarded as "deal" that it has been in the past. All of those goodies cost money, and I can see the performance pack being a $6k option for the MY18.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Except to probably 9 out of 10 sports car purchasers it's about the power and efficiency. Not the number of cylinders.
I'm not tied as tightly to the V8 as you seem to think. I could be happy enough with a sixxer-powered Mustang as long as that it made at least as much power that my 4.6L does now, and provided that a somewhat more powerful V8 was no longer available.

NA-4's need not apply, not T-4's for the reasons I mentioned earlier this afternoon. Expect your T-4 with MY17 GT numbers to be even worse with respect to off-boost performance and the need to anticipate when the power will hit. The power may well be there, but the overall drivability will not.

FWIW, starting at 1500-ish rpm in 3rd gear (a fairly common residential neighborhood situation if you don't always drive your cars like they were stolen), the 160-HP 2.5L NA V6 in a car (Mazda 626) I used to own would walk away from the 265-HP 2.5L turbo Legacy. Sluggish is sluggish. I am not making any of this up.

Eventually, if you want that V8 sound
That has never been on my list of reasons for buying the V8 cars that I have over the years. In fact, these days it's become as much or more of a truck mod around here, and half the reason I've got an X-pipe going on my '08 is so it will sound even less like them than it does with its 100% OE exhaust.

I actually like the sound of a good 6-cylinder engine running up and down the revs once the exhaust has been opened up a bit. Like with the Maxima in my sig or the aforementioned 160-HP Mazda.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
...We are paving the way through this new tech era as the world is changing faster every year than it has the past 50 years.
And that's kind of a polite way of saying just because some people think that all change is good for them that (by definition) it must be good for everybody. And that we are all supposed to start thinking that way.

Too bad today's insistence on technology as the solution to everything ignores the human element.

I would assume that the majority of Non-GT purchases want the Mustang style without the garbage MPG given it's near the top of the list of all typical car buyers when choosing a vehicle.
Hasn't it already been suggested that the Mustang buyer isn't the typical car buyer (all cars considered)? Do you really think a Mustang buyer's purchase priorities line up in lock-step with buyers of, say, Camrys?

Norm
Sponsored