Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Ha, can't go over 40, should have got an ecoboost :amen::lol:
Funny thing that... on an island with a 40MPH speed limit, and almost half the roads 20 or 30 MPH, all 6 (I believe being the current total) of the Mustangs sold over here so far, plus the demo they currently have, and the ex-demo and one stock car the have for sale, are all GT's - not an Ecoboost to be found :crazy: .

Must admit though, it's the first car I've ever owned where I can actually enjoy sitting in a traffic jam just listening to the engine burbling away (part of the reason the next mod is a Mishimoto H-Pipe from Guy at Nemesis so I can enjoy it even more) :headbang: ... or maybe I'm just an attention seeker :shrug:
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
You are quite close to the continent though :thumbsup: what's the typical cost of a ferry to France?

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
haha, well. that happens when you have more money.... ;)! Surprised the roads are only 40 tops, that's rack me off....

At leas tit sounds nice (Modded) than it does stock... got drove in a stock V8 exhaust, hated it, really didn't sound nice, suppose I've been spoilt having only ever heard modded exhausts lol!

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
You are quite close to the continent though :thumbsup: what's the typical cost of a ferry to France?
About £230 for a 5 day return (St Malo on the Brittany coast is the only port served by a car ferry from here and takes just an hour and a quarter to get to).

Sometimes we can get deals at off-peak times for about £160-180 but that's generally at the times of year when the weather's crap.

Looking forward, however, to the chance to be able to get my bonnet 'fluttering' later this year when I take the car to the UK to get some work done (like getting the bonnet vents fitted/stripes etc.) and attending some meets!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
About £230 for a 5 day return (St Malo on the Brittany coast is the only port served by a car ferry from here and takes just an hour and a quarter to get to).

Sometimes we can get deals at off-peak times for about £160-180 but that's generally at the times of year when the weather's crap.

Looking forward, however, to the chance to be able to get my bonnet 'fluttering' later this year when I take the car to the UK to get some work done (like getting the bonnet vents fitted/stripes etc.) and attending some meets!
Looks like the vents arrive today for me, and the others, i'll be installing wed 3rd or 4th depending on what day my boss lets me have off. James Druce is installing on the 5th, and no idea for [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] probably like 4th if I go on the 3rd! lol.
Anyway, will let you know how the flutter is, i'll try get a video before I go, and a video after, because my bonnet flutters at 70, not badly, and it doesn't cause damage, but it does flutter.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
haha, well. that happens when you have more money.... ;)!
Admitted there's a lot more money over here with wages on a par with London (certainly if you work in banking), but prices here are stupid thanks to that body of water between us and the UK... for example, the bastards at Trust Ford charged me an additional £900 on top of what you guys paid, just to get the car from Southampton to here (which is interesting as a single fare passenger + car from the UK is normally about £250), and we may pay only 5% GST, but still get hammered for UK VAT on top as a lot of UK companies won't deduct it.

Anyway... going off-topic now!

[MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] - I presume you did your bulk vent purchase from NTO as they seem to have loads available on their website at the moment?

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, more than me still then ;)!
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] I did do the bulk buy from NTO. There's loads on there, but no black ones which is a pest. so off to my Sprayer to go gloss black.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Could be me... but this vent (retrofit) in the yellow pic Manders posted looks like its sitting a lot further back than the standard fit one shown in the black pic that hinch posted (and looking again they also appear to be a different shapes, the black one not being as angular at the front and rear... although I may just be being bloody stupid as it may be the perspective/angle of the pic that's making it look that way)!

Also, I'm sure I've seen it asked elsewhere... but how do you not get water pissing in all over your engine in heavy rain or when washing it with these things fitted... there's got to be some water ingress no matter how careful you are?
that black one is not standard
on mine i only have one row of holes, the other row is taken up by the indicators
Mike took pics of mine and also pics of the inside of my hood
He was also a bit concerned about the water getting into the engine, on mine I have not had this issue, but I only have 1 row of holes, where you will have 3 it looks like

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/09/2016-ford-mustang-gt-hood-turn-signals-video/

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
my roush ones are still sat on my kitchen table.

talked myself out of the idea lol :)

Sponsored

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Manders Been quoted £200 cash and 3-4 hours work said:
Lone Survivor[/U] you'll be there the same day as @Greg _C you must be the "two cars I have to fit in" he was on about lol! You gone black or left them RuRed?
Is that a special price or a standard price

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS

hinch

Threads
Reaction score