Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
The downside is, US tribars are not bright enough to be used as DRL and you miss sequential turn in tribars (if you like them)
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
The downside is, US tribars are not bright enough to be used as DRL and you miss sequential turn in tribars (if you like them)
Sequential turn is great but not really in adequation with the OEM turn light, so the next tri-bar version on my car will be without this feature :ninja: :D

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Sequential turn is great but not really in adequation with the OEM turn light, so the next tri-bar version on my car will be without this feature :ninja: :D
I actually just disconnected my OEM blinkers because I didn't like the look of the tribar sequential blinkers combined with the OEM blinkers. Now I love the look even more.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I actually just disconnected my OEM blinkers because I didn't like the look of the tribar sequential blinkers combined with the OEM blinkers. Now I love the look even more.
I also thought to make this, but with my 35w HID conversion, the sequential tri-bars are really not enough visible by night ... :(

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I also thought to make this, but with my 35w HID conversion, the sequential tri-bars are really not enough visible by night ... :(
On the bright side: you finally discovered a plus about the lame 25W EU drivers :cheers:

Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Same here :D

What I do is sequential indicator in the tri-bar. Then white LEDs in the OEM indicator housing and parking light housing, which both get signal from the parking light.

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
@flay thanks for the info, it's worth checking. What is the name of the supplier in Germany? Is there a website?
Hello, I can give you on private the mail of the salesman (all my Mustang parts were special orders, not regular stock in Romania, you can't find the headlights on a website), if is of interest for you. I asked and he was ok.

I am happy to have tribars functional no matter how powerfull are them or not (you people were angry a little on Ford for not having them in EU cars :ford: ) . Better than baking 1000 euros!
Maybe if someone can identify the pins that feed the led's a higher voltage can make them brighter?

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Hello, I can give you on private the mail of the salesman (all my Mustang parts were special orders, not regular stock in Romania, you can't find the headlights on a website), if is of interest for you. I asked and he was ok.

I am happy to have tribars functional no matter how powerfull are them or not (you people were angry a little on Ford for not having them in EU cars :ford: ) . Better than baking 1000 euros!
Maybe if someone can identify the pins that feed the led's a higher voltage can make them brighter?
but this has been done on a EU model or US model? You mentioned US model before.

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Mine it's a US model, yes. The idea is that you can have US headlamps with standard tribars for a third of the US prices, the parts bein already here. For sure a minor modification in the wiring harness of a EU car will power them. They are working with the sidelights on.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Mine it's a US model, yes. The idea is that you can have US headlamps with standard tribars for a third of the US prices, the parts bein already here. For sure a minor modification in the wiring harness of a EU car will power them. They are working with the sidelights on.
That is indeed the whole question if a swap to a EU model is that easy. From what I heard it was not regarding the prices but since you came by this good offer this might change things. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Well you said 375 each + vat that with my calculator is about 900 eur for having a pair of US headlights.
Not bad price, but the most famous mod around here is 500 eur. Of course in your case you can have a pair of EU headlights to sell, but you need first to pay 900 eur and then try to sell the others.
I'm not saying it's a bad offer, it's good to have alternatives, but it's not exxagerately cheaper :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
John, what do you mean by "not really in adequation"? Do they blink at a different rate? I bought the switchbacks from ebay (same like yours) and I am about to install them. Is it possible to have them on simultaneously with the tribars and simply disconnect the turn signal function, so that we only have the sequential turn signal on the tribars?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
John, what do you mean by "not really in adequation"? Do they blink at a different rate? I bought the switchbacks from ebay (same like yours) and I am about to install them. Is it possible to have them on simultaneously with the tribars and simply disconnect the turn signal function, so that we only have the sequential turn signal on the tribars?
He means that the original american Mustang does not have the sequential turn in front tribars :)
You can what you want: you can disconnect the original blinker, the switchback blinker or the sequential-turn-in-tribars blinker.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks Stefano.

In that case I will not connect the turn signal function of the switchbacks. The sequential turn signal of the tribars will be my only front turn signal :ninja:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Check if it will be visible because at night the headlights could lower the visibility of the tribar turn signal.
Sponsored