Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
List of group buy:

[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION], [MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION], [MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION], [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION], [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION], [MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION]

Here's a good new for the 6 of you! You will have a new hardware revision of the Tesla HU. There's no more separate host and screen. It's ALL IN ONE!!! Damn I can't wait for yall to receive it. I wanna see some pictures guys! I'm excited for y'all! :headbang::cheers::thumbsup:
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Lucky them! I definitely want to see this new all in one unit. Do we know if the system specs are the same, or if they fixed the LEDs?

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
This is all I have seen of it.

IMG-20170328-WA0001.jpg

Great, mine's due in tomorrow; wonder if I will be getting this new version... If it is, I will send detailed photos. Thanks again for the help Patrick. Oh, should we expect a software upgrade on these units as well?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Great, mine's due in tomorrow; wonder if I will be getting this new version... If it is, I will send detailed photos. Thanks again for the help Patrick.
Make sure you sign off the DHL Signature release if you're not gonna be home to pick it up. He told me a few weeks ago they were redesigning it to better withstand vibration, hopefully this does the trick. I'm sure it will cut down on the wires getting pinched! I'm also curious what hardware it's got in that box.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Anyone interested in a Tesla Unit, there will be one going up in the Classifieds soon. It will already have the extended antenna, and comes with an extra camera. Screen protector still installed, and a brand new host with no modifications to software. $520 plus the trip!

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
List of group buy:

[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION], [MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION], [MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION], [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION], [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION], [MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION]

Here's a good new for the 6 of you! You will have a new hardware revision of the Tesla HU. There's no more separate host and screen. It's ALL IN ONE!!! Damn I can't wait for yall to receive it. I wanna see some pictures guys! I'm excited for y'all! :headbang::cheers::thumbsup:

Awesome I see patrick got a front facing camera working.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
List of group buy:
[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION] , [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION] , [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION]

Got a message from the seller saying it'll be sent in 3 days! after that, it'll take another 3-5 day to get to your door! (Whenever it's shipped you should all receive a text message with the tracking number). /!\ Make sure that day there's someone at home to sign the package for you OR you can sign off the DHL Signature release if you're not gonna be home /!\

Desta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
I guess you could say that I'm a bit of an android purist...
Is it possible to install vanilla android onto these and create an independent apk for AC controls and back up camera service?

Are there any API's or documentation for interfacing with the AC controls?

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
List of group buy:
[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION] , [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION] , [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION]

Got a message from the seller saying it'll be sent in 3 days! after that, it'll take another 3-5 day to get to your door! (Whenever it's shipped you should all receive a text message with the tracking number). /!\ Make sure that day there's someone at home to sign the package for you OR you can sign off the DHL Signature release if you're not gonna be home /!\
Awesome we will find out if this works in a GT350

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess you could say that I'm a bit of an android purist...
Is possible to install vanilla android onto these and create an independent apk for AC controls and back up camera service?

Are there any API's or documentation for interfacing with the AC controls?
I know what you mean... I create my own Custom AOSP Rom for my Nexus devices. The only way is to build your own Vanilla ROM. Android being open source makes it kinda easy... As for the API Doc there's none...

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome we will find out if this works in a GT350
I hope it does. But from what we talked about it should be fine as long as you have a 4.3" screen base radio. :thumbsup:

Desta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
I know what you mean... I create my own Custom AOSP Rom for my Nexus devices. The only way is to build your own Vanilla ROM. Android being open source makes it kinda easy... As for the API Doc there's none...
Man, it's a shame there is no documentation. This thing really has a lot of potential. My Android OCD is the only thing that prevents me from purchasing one.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, it's a shame there is no documentation. This thing really has a lot of potential. My Android OCD is the only thing that prevents me from purchasing one.
If you're good at what you're doing on Android there's no need for documentation. Trust me it's pretty straight forward. You can reverse engineering the whole thing like I did. You can create your own app as well. I just built one to integrate Android Auto (Which will connect to my phone) Not just installing the AA launcher from the Market. Give it a shot if you feel adventurous lol:thumbsup:
Sponsored