GRABBER BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I am experimenting with side stripes. What do you think? I chose a monochrome Ford logo to match the black pinstripe.

Why is there no Ford badges on Ford's hero car; it doesn't make sense.

The stripes are made from paper and stuck on with sticky tape, so it is only a rough approximation.

mustang-side-stripes-ford-closeup.jpg

mustang-side-stripes-ford-full.jpg

The car is also going to have 'over the top' stripes, the same as JRodSan (below)

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Less is more . I like the over the top ones and calling it a day

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
There's one on the windscreen, behind the rear view mirror ;)

I like the rocker stripes. Personally, I'd go with a running pony, but the Ford badge is cool, too :)
Thanks, there is a Ford logo there but it looks hidden in an apologetic way. I agree a pony might look better on the stripes, but there are already plenty of ponies on the car (the registration plate surrounds have ponies). I am more a staunch Ford fan than a Mustang fan, although that my change over time! The 'Blue Oval' is a big thing in Australia. You are either a Ford (blue) fan or a Holden-GM (red) fan, although that is waning. In racing we are far more passionate about that than even NASCAR fans are.

Less is more . I like the over the top ones and calling it a day
Point taken, thanks. I am considering dropping the over the top stripes and just doing the side stripes. My partner doesn't want any stripes at all, and I think the side of the car needs more bling than the top.

But then again, stripes have successfully appeared on both locations since year dot. I am decidedly undecided :shrug:

AR-304149993.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I have not seen the ford logo and stripe like that on a S550 and still think it is a great idea. I think folks will be asking "where did you get those stripes?"

My vote is to make it your own.:cheers:
Good points Bill, it does stamp my personality on the car, be it good or bad.

I am probably the only person in the state with the option silver wheels on a Grabber Blue Stang, if not Australia entirely. Unique strips can add another point of difference.

Thanks for making up my mind for me :)

P.S. I guy came up to me and asked if my car was a special edition model! I still haven't seen another GB Stang, never mind one with the silver wheels, but I don't get out much!

Last edited:

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
I went with a black roof and haven't done any stripes yet

If I was choosing between rocker and OTT I'd go OTT.. I think it works a lot better on the s550. Think the rockers look a little odd .

Well actually - I did see some rockers that looked great, theyweree on the Shelby gt350. They are like 3/4 length- but I couldn't find them for sale anywhere.

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
I shouldn't be posting this yet... (new car, new Vossen VFS-10 wheels we have not released yet) but it was such a photo opp...

2wncqao.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's pretty much the perfect S550 :headbang:

The '68's not too shabby, either :cool:

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I saw my first new Grabber Blue Mustang up in Allentown a few weekends ago.

It was a sunny day, and my first impression of the color was "Holy Crap! Grabber Blue glows like my Triple Yellow does!" Total home run - it's almost like it's lit from within, pictures of either color just don't do them justice, you have to see them in person.

Congratulations to everyone who snapped up a GB stand before they discontinued the color, there's nothing else like it on the road — especially on a sunny day with silver PP wheels.
:headbang::ford:

Sponsored