Sponsored

OFFICIAL MAF flow rate lb/min flow rate thread!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting. nice numbers. Seems to indicate you were letting off the pedal after half way through the pull but throttle angle didn't change. MPH chop seems like a traction issue. Hopefully its not a slipping clutch.

FYI:
You can open your start menu and just type "snip" and use the snipping tool to take a pic of a selected part of your screen. It gives better quality than snapping a pic with a potato. LOL
It's spinning hard right there in first gear. It's a very short pull I've got the stock tunes rev hang still active because I'm so used to driving it with it. I almost lost control of it right after that when I lifted and shifted it into second and hit it it went completely sideways. I need sticky tires badly. I'll get a pic at the top of second at 82 where it was finally hooking up. It was 52.5-52.6lbs/min there with same +3 to +4 fuel trims. Tune I just loaded should have MAF within 1% now.
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
As long as there are no crowds around I think you'll be alright.

Gotta get a third or fourth pull where you can get some traction and see where it gets too. didn't even seem like the VCT had time to get into position.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
As long as there are no crowds around I think you'll be alright.

Gotta get a third or fourth pull where you can get some traction and see where it gets too. didn't even seem like the VCT had time to get into position.
Not a lot of room around here to even get to the top of first lol. I used to live in the country where I could do 3-4 pulls. 66* and dry this morning 70* iats and I'm at sea level. 56lbs/min and still adding a little fuel. This was the second MAF revision since I added the CJ. This is the top of second gear.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I saw the picture earlier, now it had changed. Looked like things were progressing well.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I may only getting 43 with my JLT intake which seems barely above stock.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yep stock headers and manifold. For some reason on my Bama tune (I'm on Lund now) I was seeing 44.
Could just be different weather conditions or MAF calibration differences. Actual might be the same between those two files it hard to tell unless you log both on the same day same time and also check total fuel trims and correct the flow for them unless they are 0.0.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Could just be different weather conditions or MAF calibration differences. Actual might be the same between those two files it hard to tell unless you log both on the same day same time and also check total fuel trims and correct the flow for them unless they are 0.0.
Cool, thanks man. How do I check the fuel trims on my own? Not really asking for purposes of testing my MAF lb/min bc difference between the two are likely meaningless for my stock car. Just trying to learn more about what my logs mean. How can I tell how well my MAF is calibrated?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Cool, thanks man. How do I check the fuel trims on my own? Not really asking for purposes of testing my MAF lb/min bc difference between the two are likely meaningless for my stock car. Just trying to learn more about what my logs mean. How can I tell how well my MAF is calibrated?
Data log LTFT and STFT and also MAF in lbs/min. Closer LTFT and STFT are to 0.0 the better (1.00=0.0 in certain logging software)

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Just looked at some old logs because of this thread. 41 max is all I can get even at 7,300:(.

Stock intakes... 3,500 DA at the time... That was when still had cats tho. Might see a tiny bump now with cat deletes, and Mishimoto intake coming soon. Will revisit

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine was 46.xx with the GT350 intake and tb, full catless exhaust. Not sure on da but fuel trims were 0. Will do it again on e85 since I got the final tune revision since then.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
86.69 from 6900-7500 (limit of the pid)....but I know it's manipulated by lund because it's supercharged.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Data log LTFT and STFT and also MAF in lbs/min. Closer LTFT and STFT are to 0.0 the better (1.00=0.0 in certain logging software)
For STFTs, do I look at the average or the max and min values? My avg STFT are 1.00.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
For STFTs, do I look at the average or the max and min values? My avg STFT are 1.00.
Look at the fuel trims at the same point in the log when you were getting the MAF value from. Add the short and long together to get a total trim(+2STFT + -2LTFT= 0). apply that to the MAF value to get the roughly correct amount of air you were actually moving. 45lb/min +2% = 46lb/min as an example.
Sponsored