Sponsored

Transmission problem. making noise from stick

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
yea this is like getting very very loud in gear 1 I press hard on accelerator, the harder i press the louder it gets.
this is when you are sitting still ?

Did it always do this, or is this new ?
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Was the clutch pressed in when the video was taken? Any manual is going to make some noise with the clucth pressed in but even more with it not. Its a manual transmission, its normal. Get used to it, youll hear much more crazy things than that lol

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
this is when you are sitting still ?

Did it always do this, or is this new ?
I just noticed recently so yea the problem is new. And doesn't matter sit still or not, it is there, just gets louder if I accelerate hard

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Was the clutch pressed in when the video was taken? Any manual is going to make some noise with the clucth pressed in but even more with it not. Its a manual transmission, its normal. Get used to it, youll hear much more crazy things than that lol
Well it shouldn't get louder if I accelerate without touching it right? At 5000rpm, it is loud as I have a coffee machine working in my car lol

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
If its unusually loud its the tob. But normally there will be some noise when the engine is running and your foot isnt touching the clutch.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
If its unusually loud its the tob. But normally there will be some noise when the engine is running and your foot isnt touching the clutch.
yea a little noise is ok, i just cant stand that the noise goes louder as i accelerate. I feel like im driving a 40s old car.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
well just got update, fraking dealership did exactly what i thought they would do. Mechanic was thinking theres a problem and referred to a ford engineer, the engineer just say its all normal, ecoboost makes same noise

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
is the ford engineer on the other side of a telephone ?

go to dealership and test drive a new car. See how it compares.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
is the ford engineer on the other side of a telephone ?

go to dealership and test drive a new car. See how it compares.
yea engineer was on the other side of the phone. How da hell would he know what kinda noise is that? Sigh.. I will be testing drive some to see the difference

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
ohhh great, in calgary ecoboost with manual all sold out... FML

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My 5.0 has a ton of nvh in first gear through the shifter all the way up the rpm band while driving, shift to second and take that up and nothing but exhaust tone. I don't have the time to drop it off for seven months so I am just driving it till something breaks. When it does I'll replace with something that won't.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
My 5.0 has a ton of nvh in first gear through the shifter all the way up the rpm band while driving, shift to second and take that up and nothing but exhaust tone. I don't have the time to drop it off for seven months so I am just driving it till something breaks. When it does I'll replace with something that won't.
better than mine.. mine is all the way to 4th gear lol. damn it bugs me but i am thinkin about the same thing. driving till it breaks