Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
You have to be resourceful and mechanically inclined to perform this maneuver. . .patience too
I can't fit my arms back there. And I am very mechanically inclined.. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Another method

[ame]

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Just did mine. Honestly not that hard. If you have a PP like mine, you can stick your arm down by the valve cover, run it back to the fire wall and a ratchet 10mm wrench runs it off. I paid a lot of money for this car and I'm not okay with ripping things off. Just seems counter productive to keeping the car nice lol
Which arm did you use?

Sponsored

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Installed Cali Special splitter and LED switchbacks.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
I can't fit my arms back there. And I am very mechanically inclined.. :thumbsup:

This guy accesses it from underneath the car, much easier

[ame]

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That reminds me, I still haven't plugged that firewall hole. :frusty: :lol:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Nice! Been thinking about getting one [Ford oil separator] myself. Does it mount anywhere or is it just kinda free floating where it is? How do you empty anyways? Unbolt the top cover and siphon out the oil?
I empty mine the easy way. First remove the inlet and outlet oil tubes. Then pry up the center lock on the two push pins, and pull the separator straight up. Now you can rotate the can so as to drain the oil into a container.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Another method

There is no reason to remove the fuel line, or disconnect the battery. If you have a strut tower brace then remove that. Also, I found that removing the LH plastic cover on the valve cover helps give a little more room to get your hand back in there to remove the evil nut.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There is no reason to remove the fuel line, or disconnect the battery. If you have a strut tower brace then remove that.
You need to disconnect the positive battery cable to remove the strut tower brace. The cable has a plastic retainer that is secured by pushing it down on one of the strut tower brace studs. There is not enough slack in the cable to lift that retainer off the stud unless the battery cable is removed from the battery. I believe Boomba forgot about that until after they started making the video which is why their video tells you to needlessly pull a fuse and then tells you to disconnect the battery.

I can't comment on the fuel line because my 2016 doesn't have a fuel line as shown in the video. So obviously I didn't remove the line.

I think Boomba just forgot to do a dry run before recording because the reason they may have told people to remove the strut tower brace was because you can't disconnect the fuel line they show without removing the engine cover and you can't remove the engine cover with the strut tower in place unless you want to scratch the hell out of it and you can't remove the strut tower without disconnecting the battery. The car they used in the video didn't have an engine cover but many of their customers' do. Quite a series of dominoes.

I agree with you in general. If I did it again, I would not have removed anything but the dip stick. But as I said, my car doesn't have a fuel line like the car in the video.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Today I used a dremel tool to open up the closed off honeycombs on the grill where the air comes into the air intake. Also removed the lovely sound tube utilizing the "Grip it N Rip It" technique. Installed the Boomba kit to plug the holes. Easy peazy.
Sponsored