Ford Oasis Reports

BulletprfVest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Magnetic, 6MT
Any reason why they wouldn't replace the wheels? Not something I would've noticed on the lot. I looked over the car really well before I took delivery. I had them repair a couple paint chips, but that was it. They did take photos, and sent them off to Ford(supposedly).
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hi Agent
A question for you, from across the Pond :)

I have a 2016 CS Auto Vert, which is just amazing with all the tech
But I brought one of these Heads Up Displays which plug into the OBD II port and its dead as a dodo. But works on the OBD II port on a Euro Stang. Have the Canadian Stangs had the port locked out, as there is another one behind the dash?
I know people in the US are worried about people stealing their cars using a PC plugged into the OBD II port, and taking the signal from the key.
I read on here a while back a US owner had the same issues with his OBD II port

thanks

Larry

Xcelsior

Threads
Reaction score
Website
bearcats18.enjin.com
First Name
Watson
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ingot Silver EcoBoost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=24572]Xcelsior[/MENTION]

I'd have to play with it to really see but to me it's in that area. Somethings not seated or has play in it. Check the collar fitment around the shaft and see what it feels like. If I was nearby I'd say let me check it out but alas, I can't touch stuff on the internet :headbonk:
Thanks for the info, Agent!
It's not bad enough sounding for me to worry a lot, it's mostly just annoying, and since Ford couldn't find it I figured I'd ask around. Got that "Can't touch it over the internet" issue twice now though, my brother (Ford Design/Eng) wants me to have his friend (NVH Eng) to look at it...but he's in Michigan. :lol:

If you're at all curious what it sounds like though;

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Any reason why they wouldn't replace the wheels? Not something I would've noticed on the lot. I looked over the car really well before I took delivery. I had them repair a couple paint chips, but that was it. They did take photos, and sent them off to Ford(supposedly).

[MENTION=25832]BulletprfVest[/MENTION]

They can and will do it at times. It depends on how strong the case is that the dealer put together for you and what operation codes they submitted. Unfortunately it's not an easy task to warranty wheels.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hi Agent
A question for you, from across the Pond :)

I have a 2016 CS Auto Vert, which is just amazing with all the tech
But I brought one of these Heads Up Displays which plug into the OBD II port and its dead as a dodo. But works on the OBD II port on a Euro Stang. Have the Canadian Stangs had the port locked out, as there is another one behind the dash?
I know people in the US are worried about people stealing their cars using a PC plugged into the OBD II port, and taking the signal from the key.
I read on here a while back a US owner had the same issues with his OBD II port

thanks

Larry
You probably have a bad fuse that blew. The port is powered 12v and if whatever accessory you're plugging in is dead as a door nail I would gander to say it's a source problem. The OBDII ports are all the same on these cars.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks for the info, Agent!
It's not bad enough sounding for me to worry a lot, it's mostly just annoying, and since Ford couldn't find it I figured I'd ask around. Got that "Can't touch it over the internet" issue twice now though, my brother (Ford Design/Eng) wants me to have his friend (NVH Eng) to look at it...but he's in Michigan. :lol:

If you're at all curious what it sounds like though;
That's a strange noise lol. I have heard and personally had a shifter knob that had a pocket of air above the shaft as it screws into the knob cause noise. I packed the pocket with RTV and screwed it down. It quietened it up. I really want to fix yours though. I have a weird urge haha

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
You probably have a bad fuse that blew. The port is powered 12v and if whatever accessory you're plugging in is dead as a door nail I would gander to say it's a source problem. The OBDII ports are all the same on these cars.
ok thanks
what fuse would it be? is it in the manual

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
2)http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-how-do-yourself/3366-3$-subwoofer-mod.html
I can attest to this being a great mod. I did it on my last car, it cleaned up the "muddy" sound of the sub, and made it sound like it hit harder & cleaner.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
ok thanks
what fuse would it be? is it in the manual
Yes sir it is. If that fuse isn't blown, then you can have a datalink issue. Its the port and harness that runs back to the BCM. Regardless, here to help if you can't figure it out. I can look on Ford's system and see if there are any reports of this :thumbsup:

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Hi agent,

I have a question. I have been lately hearing a squeak occasionally when driving at city speeds from the front right side. Do you know what it could be? I do have wheel spacers on the car. Thanks.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for being here! :hail:

No issues currently, the car has been great. The two issues I did have ( fog light condensation and a leaking degas bottle line) were fixed under warranty last year.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hi agent,

I have a question. I have been lately hearing a squeak occasionally when driving at city speeds from the front right side. Do you know what it could be? I do have wheel spacers on the car. Thanks.
I would gander to say its brakes related. I doubt it is any suspension component as those tend to be more consistent. Could be the backing plate on the pads, hardware, or something like the dust shield.

Thank you for being here! :hail:

No issues currently, the car has been great. The two issues I did have ( fog light condensation and a leaking degas bottle line) were fixed under warranty last year.
That's great man! No problem at all. Glad I can help out :thumbsup: If you ever have any issues let me know. I'm here

Xcelsior

Threads
Reaction score
Website
bearcats18.enjin.com
First Name
Watson
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ingot Silver EcoBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That's a strange noise lol. I have heard and personally had a shifter knob that had a pocket of air above the shaft as it screws into the knob cause noise. I packed the pocket with RTV and screwed it down. It quietened it up. I really want to fix yours though. I have a weird urge haha
You're not the only one who wants to fix it.:D
I sent the video to my brother who said he'll have some of his co-workers (NVH Eng primarily), so maybe he'll think of something. I'll have to let ya know if they figure out whatever the heck it is!

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Hi agent,

I was wondering if you knew how to remove the center dash speaker grill? There's this sound that I hear from the left corner of the grill and it happens everyday. The creaking is very annoying because I've fixed all of the other rattles. I don't want to take it to the dealer. When I put pressure on the corner it makes the same sound. Do you think it's from this location and have any fix recommendations? Any help would great. Here's a link to the sound:

Thanks for your help!

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Agent, can you tell what an "SSM 45770" is in Oasis? When I took mine in for the rear camera the work order said "checked Oasis and found SSM45770". Is that some kind of service bulletin?
Sponsored