Sponsored

Cracked windscreen (UK) - Now Repaired

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
I think @MoZ may have had a replacement.
They came round after a week or 2 with a new one for me but before it was installed I realised it was an LHD, 2 things make it obvious. Note, your installer wont necessarily pick it up.

1. The rain sensor cut out is on the other side of the rear view mirror. I wasn't to bothered by this is the guy could just put the rain sensor on the other side.

2. The VIN cut out is on the other side. This is where I drew the line. I noticed it just before he put it on the car. Basically your VIN would be covered and they would have to mask the cut out on the other side. I wasn't happy with that so got them to re-order a replacement.

There wasn't previously stock in the UK but arrived in a week or 2. I done 1000 miles with a massive crack so not ideal - hopefully they stock in the UK now.

EDIT - They didn't promise me a FORD OE Windscreen but that's what I got.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Actual

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
They came round after a week or 2 with a new one for me but before it was installed I realised it was an LHD, 2 things make it obvious. Note, your installer wont necessarily pick it up.

1. The rain sensor cut out is on the other side of the rear view mirror. I wasn't to bothered by this is the guy could just put the rain sensor on the other side.

2. The VIN cut out is on the other side. This is where I drew the line. I noticed it just before he put it on the car. Basically your VIN would be covered and they would have to mask the cut out on the other side. I wasn't happy with that so got them to re-order a replacement.

There wasn't previously stock in the UK but arrived in a week or 2. I done 1000 miles with a massive crack so not ideal - hopefully they stock in the UK now.

EDIT - They didn't promise me a FORD OE Windscreen but that's what I got.
Thanks for the info - I will look out for these things.

A windscreen should be a relatively simple fix but as usual more complex than first appears and the support from the forum ensures that I make the best of it.

OP
OP
Actual

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Windscreen fitted today by Autoglass.

Genuine Ford windscreen, Soundscreen, Ford logo, rain sensor on left, VIN cut out on right.

The fitter said that the glass had been ordered in from Ford and there was a note on the job that the cost was £750.00 and it is unlikely that they would have a 3rd party glass as it is such a rare model. He estimated that windscreens for more common cars cost about £100.00.

The fitter used a winder which was suction cupped to the inside of the windscreen to pull through a piece of string which cut the bonding like dental floss. The job took a little longer than expected at 1.5h but is was done to a perfect standard and I'm very pleased.

The manufacturer text on the inside edge says "MADE IN GERMANY FINISHED IN USA FORD S550" - so crossed the Atlantic twice.

Cost to me was £75.00 Direct Line windscreen excess and no loss of NCD.
IMG_20160826_104100 (Medium).jpg

ERIKTHEVETKING

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Race Red (RHD, Auto)
mmm interesting. Both myself and my friend got cracked windscreens within one month of ownership in exactly the same place.

Rumours are the new Mustangs have weak windscreens. One little tap around the outside edge and bam a nice big crack.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine cracked today. Getting it replaced on Friday, then car gets part exed on Saturday.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A guy on Facebook had his crack on him. He said it was from just the heater. No stone chip. Weird

i heard a stone hit, checked it when i got home, stonehip is not even 1mm, u wouldnt even see it if not looking, and now i have a 10inch crack withing a couple of miles.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
had it replaced today, took the guy about 90 mins

is a ford windscreen,
Is it RHD or LHD windscreen? Mate of mine on FB got a LHD one for his crack, he's waiting on a RHD one now.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
RHD one, only took autoglass 1 day to get it off of fords
Nice one, he had auto glass bring a lefty one round lol.
Sponsored