Sponsored

Stock GT Exhaust on V6 Mustang

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I just picked up mine up since they had some trouble trying to ship it. Nice little trip to south jersey. I'll probably trying putting it on next weekend since this weekend will be busy.
Sponsored

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Kinda weird why would one install GT exhausts on a V6 bc most GT owners just change out the stock ones right away.
My reason is the GT exhaust is an up grade from the v6, to 2 1/2" from 2 1/4". The aftermarket systems are all 2 1/2" for the six which leads me to believe the GT system might free up a little horsepower. Especially since it is a catback. Noise is not very important to me, your ear is like a butt dyno, it's all subjective. Mine will be quieter than my muffler delete I'm sure. Just got mine today too Fuse, here's hoping for good results!

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Make a post in your local chapters regional forum and ask if any GT owner has their stock catback exhaust getting in the way. That's what I did and I had a response in about 5 minutes asking me to come pick the exhaust up.
Even though V6 owners may now be trying to scoop these up, I don't think GT owners will be charging much for them. Afterall, there's a lot more GT's on the road than V6's. If you can't find one right now, it's only a matter of time until another GT owner replaces their stock exhaust.
+1 on posting to the local regional forum, got a response within a day. Glad i did, because i now have an OEM GT exhaust sitting in my garage right now. Just need to find the time to install. Just the tips alone make this a great bang for buck mod on our neglected V6's.

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Awesome news, gov cheese!

I really am liking the sound of the GT exhaust on the V6 as well. I really think it sounds about perfect for me. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when someone with headers puts the GT exhaust on! I think some long tubes would make this sound awesome.

Sponsored

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Yes, very straight forward. Remove the hanger from each muffler. Remove the hangers from each pipe behind the differential. Unbolt the clamps after the catalytic converters. Wiggle/pull the V6 exhaust off. Put the GT exhaust on in reverse.
visual aids, always help! start at 2 minute mark
[ame]

Think i am going to fix a piece of 2x6 to my floor jack to help lift and keep the exhaust level while installing. Balance point is just in front of the hangers.

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Think i am going to fix a piece of 2x6 to my floor jack to help lift and keep the exhaust level while installing. Balance point is just in front of the hangers.
It really wasn't that difficult to do without using a jack to hoist it up, I did it by myself and I'm an average size guy.

Just drop the V6 exhaust, take the hangers off, put the hangers on the GT exhaust, lift the exhaust up one section at a time and hook the hanger up to the body. It'll hang there with ease until you start bolting the hangers in place.

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
Yeah my oem GT exhaust sounds deeper now than when I first put it on. Maybe it "settled in" not sure, but I know the tone got deeper and louder. The original owner only used it for about 1000 miles I think and I've been driving with it in my car for about 700. I can't see a better mod for the amount of money than this one!

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
is there anyone else tried? and could you please upload more videos?
I am really curious about resonator delete with this catback. I saw videos of resonator delete for GTs but none for V6 yet.

Sponsored

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
pony v6 - I agree, especially the Lethal Performance H pipe.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I did this to my vert yesterday , Club member gave me his and I do think it has a nicer tone to it. One thing to know about this is that on the Verts there is extra bracing to stiffen up the car that is not found on the hard tops. You need to remove the brace that goes from the center of the car bolted on both sides of the car to the rear of the car before you can even get to the exhaust system. After that its a cake walk to install the exhaust [ame]

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
For anyone having any doubts about doing this I would strongly recommend DO IT!

Been said before " Best bang for the buck"

Looks, sound, this should have been stock on all V6.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Last edited: