Sponsored

Illiminated Sill Plates

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
I posted a pic a few days ago, I searched that #, and here's the link--
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-FORD-M...CATION-SYNC-MODULE-2-3L-I4-1002-/272092489268

contact the seller and try to get the VIN. then use this link to decode

https://beaverdamautos.com/windowsticker.php

as far as tying the sill to the footwells, they'll be on all the time , not just when the doors are open. All of those wires are together back at the module. Even the switched dome trigger.

http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html will get you to some wiring scematics, use 2014 Mustang-Interior Lighting-Ambiant. The colors aren't exact and the GY/V (dome)isn't shown but you can figure it out. That is where I was going to add A RGB controller if I hadn't found this module.
This is the controller I was testing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131093745549?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
So the 50th LE and the 50th App cars do not have the wiring but the others do? I read this a few times and got a little mixed up. I have the 50th App package on mine. I found these from blue oval ind. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/Instructions/IN0610.pdf

Looks like they are running it into the dome light step 16.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So the 50th LE and the 50th App cars do not have the wiring but the others do? I read this a few times and got a little mixed up. I have the 50th App package on mine. I found these from blue oval ind. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/Instructions/IN0610.pdf

Looks like they are running it into the dome light step 16.
The 50th Limited Edition as well as those with the 50th Anniversary Appearance package have the wiring in place and ready to go.

The down side is, these cars do not have the software installed in the BCM-B (Body Control Module) that run the illuminated sills.

Hope this clarifies it for ya:cheers:

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes.. thanks. I was thinking that but wasnt 100% sure.

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I was under the impression they all have the connectors and wiring in place. You just need the BCM for the 50th and A/P cars because the built-in Module won't recognize those two models. That leaves u with the Dice and Splice if u don't want to take the trouble to re-program the existing module. Yes?

Last edited:

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats my understanding. . Im calling the dealership in the morning to see if they would program the one in my car.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
My factory sill plates read MUSTANG...No mention of 50YRS...

LOL!!
Neither do the floor mats. It would only be advertised to do so if "50 years" were in quotes.
Then why is everything else listed that actually was on the car not in quotes, for example, 50 years gas cap badge?
Quotes would mean it would have to explicitly and literally say what is in quotations. Just because Ford calls them 50 year sill plates doesn't mean they have to say "50 years"... unless of course "50 years" is in quotations. Just like the floor mats are 50 years floor mats and don't say "50 years".

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
How is Ford not "supportive", and how does this have anything to do with their reputation??

You bought a car with a specific package that included specific features. One of those features was 50th Anniversary Aluminum door sill plates. The GT Premium sills are plastic; most people would consider the metal trim to be an upgrade over plastic, which obviously includes the people who designed the 50th package.

If you aren't happy with the design, that's not the manufacturer's problem. Nobody is obligated to make you and the few people on this forum "happy", it's not a quality, functionality, or design issue. It's simply your opinion that you like the illuminated sills better than the aluminum ones. They can't please everyone!

Ford has an Accessories division that makes kits for various items that can be added to cars that were not so equipped from the factory. Things like remote start, anti-theft, and ambient lighting. I have not seen a kit for the illuminated door sills though, probably because of the complexity with reprogramming the BCM-B. However, Ford Accessories did release a fog light kit for Super Duty models that required the BCM to be replaced (not reprogrammed!!), so I suppose anything is possible!!
Maybe I'm missing something here. I bought a LE 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869. I had a flyer mailed to me in the welcome package that said " Illuminated" sill plate you could purchase for $299.95. I was ready to purchase until I read the posts on this forum along with numerous other posts on other forums and apparently these "Quick, DIY Installation" isn't as advertised. I really want to purchase these, however don't want to have to fork over $150+ for Ford to install to cut/splice wires to get these sills to actually illuminate. I love Ford Mustangs and have owned 3 of them. Ford has always been willing to work with me on all issues, however I can't get a straight answer on how to get this advertised product to function as advertised?!?!

Any help that you could provide to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated:ford:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
The existing plates look OK, but they look like silver plastic. I didn't even realize they were metal until this forum. That's why the GT illuminated plastic looks more expensive than the LE sills. The optional LE illuminated sills look more expensive than the GT illuminated sills, but they appear a little over-the-top from what I was looking for. I think a cross between the Standard LE plates and the GT illuminated sills would have made a good combination of class and distinction.

Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Maybe I'm missing something here. I bought a LE 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869. I had a flyer mailed to me in the welcome package that said " Illuminated" sill plate you could purchase for $299.95. I was ready to purchase until I read the posts on this forum along with numerous other posts on other forums and apparently these "Quick, DIY Installation" isn't as advertised. I really want to purchase these, however don't want to have to fork over $150+ for Ford to install to cut/splice wires to get these sills to actually illuminate. I love Ford Mustangs and have owned 3 of them. Ford has always been willing to work with me on all issues, however I can't get a straight answer on how to get this advertised product to function as advertised?!?!

Any help that you could provide to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated:ford:
Can you scan it in and post it?

Sounds more like a dealer contrived sham than an legitimate manufacturer mailing.

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
Can you scan it in and post it?

Sounds more like a dealer contrived sham than an legitimate manufacturer mailing.
This piece of FORD literature came in the box for the LE 50th anniversary owners. The box had numerous other items in it and a letter sign by Bill Ford. This is not "a sham", and I'm personally insulted you would say such a thing, or make the insinuation that I'm lying about it. I have attached a photo of this one piece of advertisement. There is also a framed plaque for purchase as well for $499. All of which is on Ford's website. Most dealers don't even know about this stuff.
IMG_20160523_195026.jpg

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
This is different from the LE Plates with Serial Numbers. It says direct OEM Replacement part. Could mean only direct replacement for those vehicles with illuminated plates.

Need the Ad from the LE. Many Ads also have a disclosure in fine print that Ford can remove or make alterations to its offer without notice. Probably their legal position here too.

I too am disappointed there is no Factory Authorized BCM Program to make this work in an easy DIY manner for non-illuminated plate owners.

Also kind of disingenuous to show an LE in the photo here.

Last edited:

bamberge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME FE AWD
The ad for the LE customized scuff plates was on the flip side of the personalized scuff plates glossy ad (see attached). These are the exact plates that I ordered from fordshowparts.com and installed. They came with a wiring harness and instructions for splicing into the wiring at the sill plates and routing the wires to the fuse box with a tap into the power wire for the BCM-B. So, whomever manufactured these plates for fordshowparts.com were aware of the lack of programming in the BCM-B to power the sill plates through the factory wiring harness and therefore included a custom harness.

IMG_0058.jpg

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
This piece of FORD literature came in the box for the LE 50th anniversary owners. The box had numerous other items in it and a letter sign by Bill Ford. This is not "a sham", and I'm personally insulted you would say such a thing, or make the insinuation that I'm lying about it. I have attached a photo of this one piece of advertisement. There is also a framed plaque for purchase as well for $499. All of which is on Ford's website. Most dealers don't even know about this stuff.
I'm sorry that you feel insulted. That was certainly not my intent, and I was not trying to imply that you were lying whatsoever. I was just questioning the source because I've seen so many dealer "special edition" packages where they make it look like it's offered by the manufacturer, when in reality they are simply putting the kit together themselves and charging a ton for it.

Thanks for posting the picture to show everyone what you received. From what other people are saying, it looks like "Ford Show Parts" is selling the kit for $299, which includes the sills and a wire harness.

I went on Official Ford Accessories website, and it does not appear that the "Ford Show Parts" kit is even listed as a licensed accessory. Instead, the only show the Genuine Ford Accessory kit, which is this:

https://accessories.ford.com/interior/door-sill-plates/kit-11105.html

No need to reprogram the BCM-B, as the kit uses power from the done light circuit. I don't like the idea of adding anything into the factory circuits, but that's how the kit is designed :shrug:
Sponsored